This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
Milestone 2 Design Document/Obsolete
| Milestone 2|
Obsolete things from other pages. Note however that obsolete doesn't mean its useless, sometimes things are already done while other times they just haven't been properly integrated into the Milestone 2 Design Document yet and got moved here as a result of cleanup.
For the old forest page, see Milestone 3 Design Document
For the last voice meeting see: SuperTux Meeting 18. August 2007
- Who is running backups of the Wiki and SVN repository?
- Shall we switch to GPLv3? Not now, but maybe later
<math>Insert formula here</math>
Next Meeting Agenda (7. August 2008, 18:00 GMT)
- supertux.info status? integrate in main page?
- GP2x updates
- music submission: BlastOffTek music pack for Supertux.rar
- badguy name cleanup
- GP2x status
- large level, establishing milestone 2 'gold standard'
- editor news
- compiled data formats
- editor gui restructure
- present newly build levels
- what to do with Badguy::freeze()?
- what to do with level flipping (suggestion: ignore it)
- Wiki & SVN backup again
Code: - engine problems blending - monster activation should be dependent on tux position and not on screen position (like it is now) because it should be independent from aspect ratio (Note for level designers: Think that potentially the user can see the whole level in front of him) - Code for butt jump Objects: - new object to place images into levels (to replace info boxes): http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/md5/ca5c98b54e92b1317776c49970f2bbbe-info-boxes-done-right.png Menu System Rework: - Scrolling level selection list - Buttons in menus - Add info box below menu (with explanations) Profile system: - create profiles - delete profiles - load default profile on startup - Restart game on language change (do not put language change menu into the Pause-Options menu) Graphics: - running animation - butt jump animation - improve egg graphics, so it does not seem like a "snowball" - graphics for the stuff in "Creatures" Behaviour: - Angry Iceblock: like the mario blocks (in the castles) - Owl: unclear... Carriers objects and drops them at tux somehow, but not clear. - Canon: like in mario: shoots left/right - MiniBomb: accelerates, follows tux (but does not jump) - Eater: ? Snowmen: - take the jogger one for fall-down snowball - take the japanese one for the gun - take the "normal" one for stay on platform - take the "ninja" for following tux Enemy Code: - support for spawning k-children in an enemy (for spitter for example) Mods: - we might want to support "mods". A mod is defined in that it replaces stuff that is already there (instead of only adding new stuff). Undecided if we want it and how exactly. Controls: - we need to support jump with up and jump with button - support binding for left,right,up,down. allow double up+jump config Game mechanics: - no costs for reset points - Mailinglist discussion: do we want reset points? - Remove global coin counter, coin count is only per level now (similar to collectibles) - Add collectibles: per level, show them in the screen while playing the level - When you find a collectible, fade in collectible count for a short time - In pause mode show all collectible as once Mailing lists: - We want a separate team mailing list. Proposal: create supertux-user and supertux-team. make forward supertux-devel mails to supertux-user. supertux-team read everyone but write only for people with svn access... World1: - levels will be changed, and reworked to make use of the new features Yeti: - Sequence at end of castle: Tux find Yeti, Yeti jumps out of the window and flees
- New Badguy "Ice Crusher", falls down to crush Tux, then rises back up. Has a platform on its top
- Remove old Cannon, Dropper graphics and use new Cannon instead. Only shoots left and right
- Butt-Jump should easily be possible. Press down in midair to make Tux stop in mid-air and drop down vertically. Current effect is just fine. Don't forget to shake the camera.
- Figure out which Russian Translation to use (contact translators).
- Build test level using snow slopes.
- Do not use Ice Flower. It's not finished yet.
- Fix jumping Tux animation. It has weird black marks.
- Make Tux backflip animation smoother.
- New tileset for above-ground levels.
- New decorative tiles. Ice cracks, snowmen, cavemen, areas with more transparency, ...
- Frozen tree.
- The forum of supertux.info is currently broken or unmaintained. Should we shut down the server? Contact maintainer.
- Sounds for Ice Crusher, Flying Snowball, Snowball splashing against wall. Sound of rockets exploding is too loud.