This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
SuperTux Portable aims to allow users to play SuperTux on mobile devices.
- Actually, the screen sizes are either 128x160 for older colour phones, 176x220 for newer colour phones and 240x320 for some high spec phones.
- Programming Language: Java. (some mobile phones, like Nokias, do provide C. it should be avoided because it would not be portable or easily installable.)
- Some mobile phones, like Nokias, are equipped with Symbian, which is a very good OS and widely spread. It is portable and you can install easily apps/games. It uses C as programming language.
- As suggested here, SVG artwork will allow rendering it at any resolution.
- Palm Os < 5 Should also be supported, instead of having an ARM processor they might have a Motorola 68k one.
Umm... there should be some work done here. 126.96.36.199 03:10, 5 Oct 2006 (CEST)
- Umm... It's just a tech demo. I might work on this a bit if and when I get devkitadv working. --Tuxdev 03:42, 5 Oct 2006 (CEST)
- I feel that you could start with the Pocket PC version very soon. --188.8.131.52 14:02, 3 Nov 2006 (CET)
No progress with the GBA / DS Version has been made. Why??
I think SVG should only be used in 300mhz+ Processor devices, using it in a cellphone will drop a lot of fps.
About the existing mobile phone "market"
Java is installed in some form on nearly every modern mobile phone. Writing it in Java supports the millions of devices that already exist and ones to come in the future. The hard part really isn't what language to use. Its how to support all the numerous screen resolutions these different devices have.
Can I get DS/GBA version source from somewhere? I would love to try it... :rolleyes:--184.108.40.206 11:00, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
Supertux is GPLed software. So if you have the binary you are entitled to get the source, too. --220.127.116.11 12:15, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
The source is on trunk at supertux-portable (http://supertux.lethargik.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi/trunk/supertux-portable/). Grumbel has a .gba file, no idea what you can do with it. --Mathnerd314 16:16, 14 September 2008 (UTC)