This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
To download SuperTux, you can choose from two types of packages:
- The stable package contains a playable SuperTux that does not suffer from critical bugs, but does not sport any newly added features. If you simply want to play the game, this is the package for you.
- The unstable package contains a unplayable SuperTux that does suffer from critical bugs, but does sport newly added features. If you simply want to play the game, this is not the package for you.
- The Subversion repository contains SuperTux in a state of development. This means new features and a large amount of bugs. If you are interested in the development of SuperTux, feel like contributing or just simply want to try out the new features and you are ready to endure some bugs and crashes (their amount never staying constant with each revision), this is the package of your choice.
Links to additional game content can be found on the following pages:
Additional to the builtin editor of SuperTux 0.1 there is also the flexlay editor which provides more features and better level editing capabilities. You can find it at
Note that SuperTux Milestone 2 will use both a new level format and a new level editor. You can find it on the Download/Installation_Milestone_1.9 page.
You can find older releases here:
More Unofficial Ports
There are more unofficial ports of SuperTux for various platforms such as:
- GP2X (you can even get SuperTux bundled with the hardware)
- Nokia 770 Internet Tablet
- Pocket PC
- Nintendo GameCube (standalone or as part of GCLinux)
- Sega Dreamcast
These can be downloaded either directly from the vendor's software repository or from various homebrew sites.