This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
To download SuperTux, you can choose from two types of packages:
- The stable package contains a playable SuperTux that should not suffer from critical bugs and has had much testing. If you simply want to play the game this is the package for you.
- The unstable package contains a playable SuperTux that may suffer from critical bugs and has not been fully tested, but does sport newly added features. This package is for showing off and testing new features and levels, so don't expect it to be good, fun, well-balanced game. Be warned that it may not work well on your system, if at all. If you simply want to play the game use the stable package instead; if you are a SuperTux expert and want to experiment with the new features, you might want to try this version. Package managers and repositories should not include this package unless it is slotted beside the stable version.
Or if you are interested in developing SuperTux:
- The Subversion repository contains SuperTux in a state of development. This means new features and a large amount of bugs. If you are interested in the development of SuperTux, feel like contributing or just simply want to try out the new features and you are ready to endure some bugs and crashes, this is what you want. If you have never played SuperTux before and are interested in developing SuperTux, it is recommended you try out the stable package first.
Links to additional game content can be found on the following pages:
Additional to the builtin editor of SuperTux 0.1 there is also the flexlay editor which provides more features and better level editing capabilities. You can find it at
Note that SuperTux Milestone 2 will use both a new level format and a new level editor. You can find it on the Download/Installation Milestone 1.9 page.
You can find older releases here:
More Unofficial Ports
There are more unofficial ports of SuperTux for various platforms such as:
- GP2X (you can even get SuperTux bundled with the hardware)
- Nokia 770 Internet Tablet
- Pocket PC
- Nintendo GameCube (standalone or as part of GCLinux)
- Sega Dreamcast
These can be downloaded either directly from the vendor's software repository or from various homebrew sites.