This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertux - Wikipedia Entry for SuperTux
- http://www.headshotgamer.com/review.aspx?id=80 - Review of 0.1.3 at HeadshotGamer.com
- http://thelinuxlink.net/lager - In episode 001 of this podcast about linux gaming, SuperTux is reviewed by a seven-year-old girl.
- http://denilsonsa.sh.nu/~denilson/supertux-0.1.3-guide.txt - Extensive Guide to SuperTux 0.1.3
This is a list of similar games found on the web. And the things they do better than supertux (so we can learn from them ;-)
This is a level set for SuperTux 0.1.3. It comes with its own story, levels and world map. Features as quoted from the authors website:
- explore 18 levels plus a secret bonus level
- journey through many different locations
- discover shortcuts and a hidden bonus room
- fight Nolok's army in a challenging showdown
Jump and Run featuring Alex the Allegator... The game comes in a gameboy-style graphics (4 grey tones, 320x200 or so). Strong points for this game:
- It tells a story (some cutscenes with music, a bit of text). This really adds to the general atmosphere of the game.
- The allegator rolling is a unique special idea which brings some cool elements into the game
- You can play all levels again trying to capture all stars/cherries
- Nice dynamic music in the background (changing when you die, when the level starts, ...)
- 2 bosses, (1 boss after 5 normal levels) level bring new challenges
Feels, looks and plays exactly like Super Mario World. Let's hope for them they won't get at nintendos radar... Good things in this game:
- Accelerating and slowing down is slower than in supertux, making the levels more challenging (this is a good thing IMO)
- Some of the blending effects between the levels are nice
- Their levels are not based on a traditional tile grid, but you can place arbitrary (rectangular) objects in the levels
A game similar in spirit to megaman. Although the engine seems limited in a first glance (no scrolling, saving, very small resolution...) the game makes lots of fun because it contains lots of cool ideas and diversitities. You see a new enemy, object or graphics every 2 or 3 screens which makes the game interesting.
A Clone of Commander Keen under the GPL.
An open source jump and run game. Seems to be heavily inspired by supertux and pingus.
Brilliant freeware jump and shoot. Featuring very polished music, story, athmosphere. Also shows how good jump and run physics should look like... A linux version can be found at 
- Bugs http://supertux.lethargik.org/bugs/issues_rss.php?project_id=0
- Wiki changes http://supertux.lethargik.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&feed=rss
- SVN commits http://supertux.lethargik.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi/trunk/?date=month&view=query&format=rss
- What's that? http://supertux.lethargik.org/bugs/news_rss.php?project_id=0