This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
When will SuperTux Milestone 2 be released?
This is by far the most frequently asked question of all, and the answer is simple:
When it's done.
Honestly, we don't have a release date yet. Just like many of you, we'd like to see Milestone 2 finished and released to the public as soon as possible, but since we all are busy with other, probably less interesting things, the amount of time we are able to put into this game is limited. Please be patient.
What's new in Milestone 2?
Most information on these Wiki pages is about what's new in Milestone 2. Just browse around, and feel free to add your own ideas. :-)
How can I get in touch with you?
Can I help with Milestone 2?
You most certainly can.
There's many things to be done - even besides actually creating game content:
- Post good ideas to the wiki (See Ideas)
- Help keeping these pages up-to-date and free of spam (See Special:Recentchanges)
- Proofread and improve the program's and the levels' translation (See Translation)
- Test the game on a variety of platforms (please read "I found a bug in the developer version!" first) (See Bugs)
- Write and/or maintain documentation for users and developers (See User Manual and Game Engine)
If you want to help, just get in touch (see "How can I get in touch with you?") and ask.
I found a bug in the developer version!
Well, that's not really a question, but great anyway. Keep in mind, however, that SuperTux is bound to have lots of bugs at this stage of development. Actually, chances are quite high that a particular bug is already known but not yet fixed because we just didn't have the time yet.
If you find a bug you think has escaped our attention, make sure you have as much information about when it occurred as possible. This might include steps to reproduce the bug, constellations where the bug won't show, a backtrace of the call stack if you got an exception (use a debugger for this), etc. Then add an entry to the Bugs article.