This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
Add your comments and enhancement requests here. Download page is locked to avoid someone placing trojans there. (This is not a place for bugreports here for that use Bugs). You should add links/instructions to supertux packages here that you want to see listed on the main download page.
- 1 SuperTux 0.1.3 for FreeBSD
- 2 SuperTux 0.1.3 for Mac OS X
- 3 Mac OS Version
- 4 Install supertux 0.1.3 on Mac OS X. HowTo:
- 5 PSP problems
- 6 Debian download link broken
- 7 download links
- 8 Universay Binary???
- 9 Supertux 0.1.3 for Slax Linux
- 10 Windows installer link down?
- 11 Autopackage 0.1.3 link not work
SuperTux 0.1.3 for FreeBSD
SuperTux 0.1.3 for Mac OS X
- Could you also post the xcode project for this or how you compiled it?
Mac OS Version
Is someone working on a Mac distribution. I tried to install all of the required packages repeatedly, but somehow my vorbis installation is messed up. I have tried reinstalling it and it doesn't let me compile the source. I would really like to play the new levels, but I am entirely dependent on someone else compiling a binary. Thank you to whoever that kind soul is.
Install supertux 0.1.3 on Mac OS X. HowTo:
This is probably not the best solution around but at least I got a working supertux 0.1.3 now :-) Do this (You should now how to handle the Terminal and even better Fink, otherwise better wait for a package:
Get the source and untar it.
Install Fink ()
in Terminal install the following binaries through Fink:
%fink install sdl
%fink install sdl-image
%fink install sdl-mixer
then go to your untared copy of supertux and do this:
once everything is compiled, go to the src directory inside your supertux directory and type in Termianl:
./supertux -d ../data/
Now it should be working!
PS: OpenGL is not enabled in this mode. Didn't work, had compiling errors with that. There are probably ways to have a package that works like 0.1.2 but I have no clue how to compile SDL and everything into one directory. If someone can do that, go ahead.
(Comment from sandbox - moved here)
I noticed that Supertux reveals a cursor at the top left corner while booting (this is for the PSP version)... Is there a possibility to port ermm...hmm... linux to the psp? Thanks for replying (or not)...
Costas - Greece
 is porting linux to psp
Downkoad link for newest version () does not respond as 2006-02-20.
- Taken note of. --FlyingPenguins 03:01, 21 Feb 2006 (CET)
Download links for Mac OS X and Windows doesn't work. //Aktalo 09:11, 11 May 2006 (BST)
It's spelled incorrectly. --Atm153 23:59, 9 Jun 2006 (BST)
- Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out. --FlyingPenguins 06:09, 10 Jun 2006 (BST)
Supertux 0.1.3 for Slax Linux
Supertux 0.1.3 packaged for Slax Linux:  --jkNospaM AT slaxer DoT com
The Windows binary installer () seems to be down at the moment. Accessing that page displays:
Too many clients for /supertux/supertux-0.1.3-setup.exe
It has been doing that for quite a few days now. --FlyingPenguins 07:13, 12 Jul 2006 (BST)
- Updated: seems to happen off and on lately, must be Berlios servers overloading. --FlyingPenguins 04:09, 24 Jul 2006 (BST)
--- The link for autopackage () is not working for three days at least (as for 29 July 2006). It reports the following information
Too many clients for /supertux/supertux-0.1.3.x86.package.
Is it means that server is overloaded? If so, should you think of possibility to download the files from somewhere else (mirrors or third party sites). At the moment I have found the link for this package only for your site.
- Yes, the server is probably overloaded. Unfortunately, Berlios isn't like Sourceforge, where you get to choose to download from many mirror locations around the world. You will just have to refresh the page often or try again later. --FlyingPenguins 22:58, 29 Jul 2006 (BST)