This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
Providing a backtrace
This document describes how to provide a backtrace for reporting bugs when SuperTux crashes.
- First, ensure DEBUG is enabled so SuperTux is compiled with debugging symbols.
- Run ccmake . and make sure DEBUG is set to ON. Use <enter> to toggle the setting.
- Press C then G to generate the new configuration and exit.
- If you haven't previously run cmake ., do so now.
- Run make to compile SuperTux
- Start SuperTux with gdb ./supertux2
- Enter run to start SuperTux. Alternatively, you can enter run <params> to start SuperTux with parameters.
- When SuperTux crashes, enter bt into GDB. This will provide you with the backtrace which can be sent to the mailing list or included in a
If you're asked to set a breakpoint, it can be done in GDB using break <filename>:<linenum> before entering run