This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.

Difference between revisions of "February 14 Meeting Agenda"

From SuperTux
Jump to: navigation, search
(Reason for moving SVN)
(Link to minutes and IRC log.)
 
(15 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{Attention|s=If you have anything to add, just click the "Edit" link and add some text}}
 
{{Attention|s=If you have anything to add, just click the "Edit" link and add some text}}
 +
 +
The '''next developer's meeting''' will be held on ''Saturday, February&nbsp;20<sup>th</sup>'' starting at ''15:00&nbsp;UCT''. Anybody interested in ''SuperTux'' is invited to participate. The discussion will be held on IRC, network ''freenode'', channel ''#supertux''. Minutes of the meeting will be made available at [[Meeting 2010-02-20]].
 +
 +
The following are topics we would like to discuss. Since it's possible that we cannot address all the below issues, we might postpone some issues for a later meeting.
 +
 +
The [[Meeting 2010-02-14‎|minutes]] and [[Talk:Meeting 2010-02-14‎|IRC log]] for this meeting are now available.
  
 
== Discussion ==
 
== Discussion ==
Line 5: Line 11:
 
# Project management
 
# Project management
 
#* (Unstable) Release
 
#* (Unstable) Release
#** Yes or no? – What features? When?
+
#** Licenses of data files: Status of tracking down the original authors.  
#*** Do we remove the [[Forest]] world or rather implement the ''ghost forest'' tiles/levels/badguys…
+
#*** Remove [[:Category:Badguy.3|milestone 3 badguys]] so they stop cluttering up source tree? (would make [[World 2]] unplayable)
+
#* Google Code move
+
#** Grumbel wants to move SVN to Google Code for the merge tracking feature [http://lists.lethargik.org/private.cgi/supertux-team-lethargik.org/2010-February/000216.html]
+
#** Work in progress
+
#** Repository is synced up to latest version by [[User:Grumbel|grumbel]]
+
#** SVN dumps are different for some reason (format change?)
+
#** Still left: binary downloads, 0.3.1, bug tracker, wiki, etc. (decide which we want)
+
#* Semi-anonymous contributions (email/nick but no real name)
+
#* Bug tracker workflow
+
#** Still some bugs with patches floating around (either commit them or close as won't fix)
+
#** Feedback is for requesting feedback or for stating that feedback has been given? {{Bug|580}}
+
 
# Gameplay
 
# Gameplay
 +
#* Feedback for the [[Yeti]] and [[Above the Arctic Skies]] levels.
 
#* Carrying objects
 
#* Carrying objects
 
#** [http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/md5/6794925041b61bdc5a941a5640914188-supertux-carry.png Proposed behavior]
 
#** [http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/md5/6794925041b61bdc5a941a5640914188-supertux-carry.png Proposed behavior]
Line 27: Line 22:
 
#** Prority? (I.e.: Should this go into the next release or is this something that can wait?)
 
#** Prority? (I.e.: Should this go into the next release or is this something that can wait?)
 
# Source code
 
# Source code
#* SCons
+
#* Move external libraries out of tree and require them on the system itself (distro support? Windows?)
#** Keep or remove completely? (unsupported, debug build only)
+
#* Move external libraries out of tree and require them on the system itself (distro support?)
+
 
#** tinygettext: [http://ohnopub.net/~ohnobinki/tmp/supertux-r6306-tinygettext-external-required.patch supertux-r6306-tinygettext-external-required.patch] or [http://ohnopub.net/~ohnobinki/tmp/supertux-r6306-tinygettext-external-automagic.patch supertux-r6306-tinygettext-external-automagic.patch]
 
#** tinygettext: [http://ohnopub.net/~ohnobinki/tmp/supertux-r6306-tinygettext-external-required.patch supertux-r6306-tinygettext-external-required.patch] or [http://ohnopub.net/~ohnobinki/tmp/supertux-r6306-tinygettext-external-automagic.patch supertux-r6306-tinygettext-external-automagic.patch]
 
#* Split physics, drawing, etc. apart
 
#* Split physics, drawing, etc. apart
Line 38: Line 31:
 
== Things to do ==
 
== Things to do ==
  
 +
* Document the license of data files in a file named <code>AUTHORS</code> or <code>CONTRIBUTORS</code>. See also: {{Bug|578}}.
 
* Fix bugs / things you don't like
 
* Fix bugs / things you don't like
 
* Make certain game is fun
 
* Make certain game is fun

Latest revision as of 15:22, 17 February 2010

Attention: If you have anything to add, just click the "Edit" link and add some text

The next developer's meeting will be held on Saturday, February 20th starting at 15:00 UCT. Anybody interested in SuperTux is invited to participate. The discussion will be held on IRC, network freenode, channel #supertux. Minutes of the meeting will be made available at Meeting 2010-02-20.

The following are topics we would like to discuss. Since it's possible that we cannot address all the below issues, we might postpone some issues for a later meeting.

The minutes and IRC log for this meeting are now available.

Discussion

  1. Project management
    • (Unstable) Release
      • Licenses of data files: Status of tracking down the original authors.
  2. Gameplay
    • Feedback for the Yeti and Above the Arctic Skies levels.
    • Carrying objects
      • Proposed behavior
      • Small Tux should not be able to go through 1-tile tall tunnels when carrying stuff
        • Requires extending the hitbox
          • That would hurt Tux when walking under a hurting tile 1 unit off the ground, which is wrong - Mattmccutchen
      • Should held items function as a shield? (They do in SMW3)
      • Prority? (I.e.: Should this go into the next release or is this something that can wait?)
  3. Source code
  4. Next meeting date and time

Things to do

  • Document the license of data files in a file named AUTHORS or CONTRIBUTORS. See also: bug 578.
  • Fix bugs / things you don't like
  • Make certain game is fun
  • Update wiki pages (clean up design documents)
  • New levels
  • Enemies (bombfish, snowman, ninja snowball, forest enemies such as owl/zeekling...)
    • Boss levels need lots of work (tree boss is confusing, totem pole is a piece of #@%&$, all are way too easy if you just stand in a corner)
  • Expand levels to 25 tiles tall (max resolution is now 1280x800)
  • Make certain camera/levels allow playing reasonably at 640x480 (min resolution)