This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertux - Wikipedia Entry for SuperTux
- http://thelinuxlink.net/lager - In episode 001 of this podcast about linux gaming, SuperTux is reviewed by a seven-year-old girl.
- http://denilsonsa.sh.nu/~denilson/supertux-0.1.3-guide.txt - Extensive Guide to SuperTux 0.1.3
This is a list of similar games found on the web. And the things they do better than supertux (so we can learn from them ;-)
Jump and Run featuring Alex the Allegator... The game comes in a gameboy-style graphics (4 grey tones, 320x200 or so). Strong points for this game:
- It tells a story (some cutscenes with music, a bit of text). This really adds to the general athmosphere of the game.
- The allegator rolling is a unique special idea which brings some cool elements into the game
- You can play all levels again trying to capture all stars/cherries
- Nice dynamic music in the background (changing when you die, when the level starts, ...)
- 2 bosses, (1 boss after 5 normal levels) level bring new chalenges
Feels, looks and plays exactly like Super Mario World. Let's hope for them they won't get at nintendos radar... Good things in this game:
- Accelerating and slowing down is slower than in supertux, making the levels more chalenging (this is a good thing IMO)
- Some of the blending effects between the levels are nice
- Their levels are not based on a traditional tile grid, but you can place arbitrary (rectangular) objects in the levels
A game similar in spirit to megaman. Althought the engine seems limited in a first glance (no scrolling, saving, very small resolution...) the game makes lots of fun because it contains lots of cool ideas and diversitities. You see a new enemy, object or graphics every 2 or 3 screens which makes the game interesting.
A Clone of Commander Keen under the GPL.
An open source jump and run game. Seems to be heavily inspired by supertux and pingus.
- Bugs http://supertux.lethargik.org/bugs/issues_rss.php?project_id=0
- Wiki changes http://supertux.lethargik.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&feed=rss
- SVN commits http://supertux.lethargik.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi/trunk/?date=month&view=query&format=rss
- Whats that? http://supertux.lethargik.org/bugs/news_rss.php?project_id=0