This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
- SuperTux moved from GoogleCode to GitHub, new location is https://github.com/SuperTuxTeam/
- SuperTux 0.3.4 has been released.
- Development of Forest island continues.
"Deleting Forest island and the forest badguys is a step backwards. We must continue in its development now instead in Milestone 3!"
- The official add-ons are kept in a repository on Google Code now; various new ones have been created out of levels sitting on the bug tracker.
- We switched our repository to Git (on Google Code)
- Forum at http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewforum.php?f=66
- https://supertux.lethargik.org is now supported; currently it is required for the bug tracker.
- Incubator Island has been added. It contains possible new levels for the main game. Please test thoroughly and tell us what you think.
- Since revision 6556 spawning at reset points is "for free", i.e. you won't lose any coins if you die and start at a bell.
- The Owl and SkyDive badguys from the Milestone 2 Design Document have been implemented.
- The images and code for the Short Fuse has been added to the SVN repository. For testing purposes, it has been added to level 12 of Icy Island, Into the Stars.
- Version 0.3.3 has been released. The source tarball can be downloaded from either BerliOS or Google Code. Enjoy! :)
- The minutes of today's meeting can be found at Meeting 2010-02-27.
- There'll be another developer's meeting tomorrow as we're preparing for a release or development snapshot. The agenda, time and place is at Next Meeting Agenda. Everybody who is interested is invited to join.
- Krush has been added to some Icy Island levels. Please test thoroughly!
- Today, a developer's meeting has been held. The minutes are available on the Meeting 2010-02-14 page. The next meeting has been scheduled for Saturday, February 20th, at 15:00 UCT. More information is available on the Next Meeting Agenda page.
- The Milestone 2 branch has been created. This branch will be used to clean up features and badguys that have been committed to SVN but which are not part of the Milestone 2 Design Document. The goal is to overcome our current paralysis due to feature creep and, eventually, to create a new release.
- update supertux-coop.diff
- Lots of refactoring
- Use scons to build Supertux
- New grow and skid sounds
- new music by remaxim
- Tux can buttjump bonus blocks
- command line option --renderer to select video renderer
- builds with g++ 4.4
- New upgrade sound
- Chinese fonts and translation from Liu Sizhuang
Moved tinygettext to http://tinygettext.googlecode.com
- builds with g++ 4.3
- sound errors are now non-fatal
- The SuperTux skin now works (mostly) - see  for a preview
- Changed jump behaviour: Tux will now jump even if the button was pressed (up to) 250ms early
- Code for Crystallo
- menu got a new effect when changing the menu
- menu can scroll
- circular fade got added
- main menu got a frame (not sure if we gonna keep that
- Bomb Fish
- Snowworld moving platform
- The SuperTux Bug Tracker is now running Mantis 1.1.1
- Another Pattern
- IceBlock Pattern
- Owl Animation
- Snow Pattern 1
- Snow Pattern 2
- Experimental Dark Snow Replacement
- SuperTux turn animation
- Snowman Test Animation
- Test level for new tiles: data/levels/test/snowslope.stl
- Test level for Icecrusher: data/levels/test/icecrusher.stl
- Test level for decal: data/levels/test/decal.stl
- Test level for new tileset: data/levels/test/snowair.stl
Talk is under way to restart development. Milestone 2 Design Document is slowly coming into shape.
First Voice-Chat meeting was a very good start, results are available at SuperTux Meeting 18. August 2007
- Enough is enough. I added the following lines to /wiki/.htaccess
order allow,deny deny from 188.8.131.52/24 # Korea Telecom (Shadowkirby2007, Taxidriver666br, Nintendo, The Halford, Cotarelo, Elgazin, ... deny from 184.108.40.206/24 # Korea Telecom (Alphamariox, Old Square Wheels, JValtone, ... allow from all
- Mockup of things that should change in the level editor
- New configurable camera in svn. So far a Metroid Style Camera seems to work best.
- Added contrib/supertux-coop.diff, a somewhat hacky patch for two-player cooperative play
- Tux can climb ladders now.
- Snowman Variations for stay-on-platform or other uses
- Avalance - A possible replacement for classic auto-scrolling
- the Download/Installation page got split into stable/unstable pages to remove some confusion it has caused in the past
- SVN contains now a bunch of new images from Grumbel
- Console also autocompletes full common prefix on multiple matches.
- In Tux starts running automatically when he reached max walk speed. As before, if he is carrying something Tux can only walk. To reduce the speed to 'walk', hold the 'Action' key.
- Mission to Snowdriftland is a very SuperTux'ish Flash Jump'n Run used for advertisement by Nintendo, it features 24 levels and great level and secret area design, everybody should have a deep look at this game to get some inspiration for Milestone2
Some links to 2D physics stuff:
- Secret Area Proposal
- Reset Block (aka Reset Point)
- Fireflower redesign
- Spikey Vine
- Wall Stone tileset design
- Wall Stone (inside) tileset design
- Tree Top Tileset
- Milestone2 Sprite Collection
- Flamy Enemy
- Granito with evil eyes
- Tilemap mountain
- Tilemap mountain, different layout
- Working Trampolines have been added back in.
- Screenshot of map layout using Grumbel's concept 2 sketch
A bottom and top section was added to Grumbel's blue mountain background (snow background). The 23-Airborne level was extended to use this new background set.
- New collision detection code has been merged into trunk. Highlights:
- Handling of slopes and platforms should be more robust now
- You can break multiple ?-boxes with 1 jump again
- Code is simpler and faster
- You can realistically jump through 1 tile holes (the engine shifts you up to 5 pixels into the correct place where you can pass through the hole)
Mr.Bomb can now use multiple sprites for themed images.
- Flexlay is somewhat usable again, ClanLib has been imported into the Flexlay repository, no need to have it seperatly any more
- Lighting page
- Demonstration of simple lighting
- Demonstration of color lighting, Part 3
- Demonstration of color lighting, Part 2
- Demonstration of color lighting, Part 1
- New collision detection code can be found in the new-collision-detection branch
Here a little collection of those stuff that didn't make it onto the list in the past month:
- SVN contains now a little script to ease uploading of files into the Wiki
- MrPlasma sketch
- sketch of a possible wood-pipe
- new pipe with blueish color pipe
- rough sketch of a rusty pipe
- rusty pipe
- new pipe design
- a bush
- some blocks to be colored by a specific color, thats why they are all grey
- a snowball
- stone tiles
- woodthing, maybe a pipe
- Plant Sketch
- Collection of new gfx
- A different version of MrTree
- Experimental template for castle foreground (maybe background)
- Experimental C# Implementation of the some of the WorldMaps code
- Penny Sprite Test: http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/supertux-penny-2005-10-18.png
- Ghost Sketches 1
- Ghost Sketches 2
- Littletree: http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/supertux-littletree-bush.png
- Littletree2: http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/supertux-littletree.gif
- New, more compact, format to define multiple tiles in one image is available. width/height are the size of the image in tile units, 'ids' are the ids you want to assign to each 32x32 region of the image (left to right, top to bottom), 'attributes' the attributes you want to assign (solid, lava, water) in integer format, image is the image you want to use. This syntax doesn't support animation or 'data', that however shouldn't be a problem for most multi-tile images.
(tiles (width 2) (height 2) (ids 137 138 139 140) (attributes 0 0 0 0) (image "foo.png"))
- A first 'playable' (not really, just a little tech demo) version of SuperTux Portable