This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
SuSE 9.2... It doesney werk cap'n!
The autopackage is linked to a glibc that's too new... Fine, think I, I'll compile it. So, first, physfs... fine, downloaded, compiled, installed. Then jam, that compiled fine, and compiled supertux (what's wrong with make?)
recompiled with debugging and this is the complete output. work/supertux-0.3.0> ./supertux
[INFO] src/main.cpp:202 [/home/spike1/.supertux2] is in the search path
[INFO] src/main.cpp:202 [/home/spike1/work/supertux-0.3.0//data] is in the search path [INFO] src/main.cpp:456 Component 'controller' finished after 0.2 seconds
[INFO] src/main.cpp:70 Couldn't load config file: Couldn't open file 'config': No such file or directory, using default settings
[INFO] src/main.cpp:456 Component 'config' finished after 0.018 seconds
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
- You're missing a file. Unless, of course, it's there, in which case, SuperTux is just acting dumb. What version of Glibc are you using? I'm recompiling SuperTux Mi1.9 for Glibc2.3 for a Slackware-based live CD, and if you'd like, I can send you an RPM. --DJ WingsFreesyle here 13:37, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.3 (20040917), by Roland McGrath et al.
If you could, it'd be great. Thanks. (The only file I see it missing is "config" but as it says "using default settings" I don't see why it would cause problems)
My e-mail address is (remove the spurious fullstops... I loath spam and I know what spembots are like these days) s.p.i.k.e.1.@.g.m.a.i.l..c.o.m
- Darn, I'm having trouble getting the development libraries to compile. It'll probably take a while to get finished, but you're using the right version of Glibc. I'll email you the RPM when I'm done... Assuming Gmail lets it through because of the size...
- Autopackage's glibc too new? Are you sure? (The point of AP is working around that problem) Which autopackage do you use? Did you get any error message?
Yep, The error is, as I said, it requires libs that're too new.
Here's the output I got.
ridcully:/home/spike1/work # sh supertux-0.3.0a.x86.package
- Preparing package: SuperTux Platform Game
- Checking for required C library versions ... failed
- Your copy of glibc, a core system library, is too old for this package.
- You need at least the following symbols in glibc: GLIBC_2.4.
- This error normally means that whoever built the package did not build it corr
- Please report the contents of this message to the provider of this package, an
- ask them to rebuild it using apbuild.
- Upgrading glibc is highly dangerous, so we recommend in this situation that yo
- compile the app you want to install from the sources if possible. Sorry :(
FAIL: Unable to prepare package SuperTux Platform Game.
- Supertux from Autopackage works on my debian box which has glibc 2.3.2. But I used supertux-0.3.0b.x86.package --Superdev 21:48, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- Download/Installation Milestone 1.9 still points to version a. Use http://prdownload.berlios.de/supertux/supertux-0.3.0b.x86.package
Thanks, that works... Must say though, though I like the new additions, I'm not sure about the sudden removal of "lives" and the "timer"... Will these be reinstated or turn off-and-onable in the options?
Use the openSUSE Build Service to make packages
The link is here: http://build.opensuse.org/