This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
Tropical Island is a proposed world/island that could be the third world of SuperTux. The suggested plotline for this world is as follows:
After reaching Nolok's castle in the Ghost Forest, Tux has a boss battle (typical) and Nolok gets away again with Penny and escapes to the Tropical Island. Tux naturally runs after him. Nolok keeps Penny in a cage. A monkey notices the shiny key in Nolok's pocket, so he grabs it and accidentally drops it into Penny's cage. Penny frees herself with the key, and she tries to navigate around the island while Tux desperately searches for her. Gameplay-wise, Tux and Penny both alternate levels.
The vegetation gets thicker and thicker as Tux and Penny climb up opposite sides of the volcano in the middle of the island, not aware of each other's existence. When Penny reaches the top, an earthquake shakes the volcano and she falls into the smoking chasm. She lands on a rock ledge inside the volcano -- if she lets go, she would fall into lava.
Tux then hears Penny's cries for help, and he climbs to the top of the mountain. Then suddenly another earthquake happens, and the lava begins to rise. Tux must climb down into the volcano (avoiding the flying ashes), rescue Penny, and escape before the volcano erupts.
However, Nolok recaptures Penny, and SuperTux fights Nolok.
Tropical Island Concept Scene
Comment: I was actually imagining an island with slightly denser vegetation, perhaps a little bit like the beginning of "Short Visit to El Castillo." Perhaps near the center of the island there might be more forest-like plant density. TUX/√UT (plz talk 2 me internets | view horrendous deeds) 21:38, 21 June 2010 (UTC)
Deeper Into the Island Background Idea
You used tux paint, didn't you? Very nice! Monstertux
- Mr. Palm Tree - Very tall badguy consisting of stacked segments; jumping on top removes the bottom segment. When there's only one segment left, Mr. Palm Tree dies.
- Nutty - A harmless, indestructible badguy; a bit like a walking moving platform. Alternative: an equivalent of Mr. Ice Block.
- Volcano - Stationary boss badguy, spews ashes that can hurt Tux.
- Wild Boar - Basic walking badguy, starts running faster upon seeing Tux. Tux can stun him by kicking him from behind, and can kill him by stomping on him.
- Hungry Parakeet - Zeekling equivalent.
- Melon - Snowball equivalent.
- Mosquito - Flying snowball equivalent.
- Tikitchokwe - A badguy wearing a mask that send fireball on Tux
- Welcome to the Tropical Island -- Introduces the player to the new badguys and objects.
- (intermediate levels)
- Penny is freed -- Cutscene of Penny being freed, player regains control of Penny and escapes.
- Up the mountain -- Tux starts to climb the steep rocks on Upatna Mountain.
- The upward trail -- Penny's turn to start climbing.
- (intermediate levels)
- Into the volcano -- Penny reaches the top of Upatna Mountain, but an earthquake makes her fall into the volcano!
- Rescue! -- Tux climbs into the volcano and rescues Penny.
- Escaping the Island -- Tux and Penny escape the Tropical Island and sail home.
- Yo Ho Ho -- Tux and Penny are captured by Captain Snowball and his scurvy scallywags!