This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
Your recent reverts
Why did you revert marking of accounts listed on bugmenot as "spammy behavior"? Because they were done by an IP? I don't like anonymous IPs too much but that's no reason to revert everything written by them. --Superdev 12:26, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
- If the user wishes to make useful contributions I have no problem with it. However, one edit the user made was simply moving a "Quickstart Guide" of sorts to the end of an article- something which would certainly make more sense at the beginning. I had already reverted the edit once when the Bugmenot account did this claiming to "Moved Visual Studi section out of mingw section" (It wasn't in the MinGW section.)
- The other edits by the user consisted of copying and pasting a comment I made on the Bugmenot account's talk page to multiple other pages. None of the pages it was copied to were developers or wiki administrators, so there was obviously no goal in mind. Thus I classified it as spam.
- As for the Bugmenot account, the password has been changed and that sends warning signs flying through my brain. Bugmenot should be used (in my opinion) for websites that require an account to read data, not because people want to write data and are too lazy to enter a username and password on a form. -- Qwood (contribs) (talk) 17:09, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe I should have added diff links. This was about the "account listed on bugmenot" text. To me it looks like the IP used the standard notification text you pasted to some accounts listed on bugmenot.com to other accounts also listed there.
- But while you mention it, IMO moving the section on Building_on_Windows done by user:bugmenot is correct. This section is about "FastBuild with Visual Studio" while all the rest is about using mingw tools to build ST. But I won't start an edit war about that. --Superdev 12:55, 3 July 2011 (UTC)
- Ah. I didn't bother to check the other accounts he was posting my message on. It seems that some, but not all are indeed on bugmenot.com (one account does not exist yet.) I didn't check any of them because my account is also listed there and my password is surely not "asdf". As for the edits I reverted on Building_on_Windows, I'll look again and see if my opinion was skewed because of what I thought of his other edits. -- Qwood (contribs) (talk) 18:34, 3 July 2011 (UTC)