This wiki has been moved to https://github.com/SuperTux/wiki into the mediawiki branch.
Difference between revisions of "World 2"
(→Forest World End story)
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
Revision as of 07:04, 29 January 2007
The 5 keys include this:
- A Silver key. (found behind a waterfall)
- A Golden key. (found in some dense trees)
- A Brass key. (found in water)
- A Bronze key. (found in a special hidden box)
- A Big Iron key. (possibly guarded by a mini-/boss)
Some kind of twinkle noise might be appropriate when he finds each one.
New Engine Features
- Falling Leaves particle system
- rising lava/water
- moving platforms (branches that move a bit up and down, or logs falling down a waterfall)
- support for cutscenes (done in a lisp file) in a level
- sound triggers in some areas (cuckoo or woodpecker sound in some part of the level)
- sound triggers when touching objects (ripple sound when walking on a steam)
- Rocks that you can carry around to reach higher places
- A bug enemy (or several sorts of bugs?)
- An ant enemy
- A branch enemy (a branch of a big tree that tries to beat tux, or simply moves up/down)
- uneven tiles so you can have some small hills
- Multiple sectors (ie. you can enter tree by walking into some holes)
- (We might experiment with some shadow effects that you get with moving branches?)
- bouncy branch, a branch that makes you bounce very high into the air.
Suggested world names for World 2
Ice Forest, Ageless Forest, Dead Forest, Fiendish Forest, Nolok's Forest, Forest of Magic, Frosty Forest, Magic Forest, Freaky Forest, Snowless Forest, Icy Woods, Tuxedo Timberlands, Woody Forest, Wormy Woods, Windy Woodlands, Winter Woodlands, Impregnable Forest, Silvaniveus (forest + snow in Latin), Enchanted Forest, Timber! Tux (watch out for the loggers!)
More stuff to build alliterations from:
Fable, Familiar, Fairy, Fateful, Forked, Fallow, Fancy, Fantasy, Fearless, Fetid, Fleeting, Folly, Former, Frail, Fretful, Friendly, Furrowed, Forest, Fields, Fallow, Fringe, Fang